The Flight Centre Travel Group FLT has strengthe

first_imgThe Flight Centre Travel Group (FLT) has strengthened the European footprint of its flagship global business travel division, FCM Travel Solutions, with the announcement that it has taken 100 per cent ownership of 3Mundi, FCM’s partner in France and Switzerland. In July 2017, FLT made an initial 25 per cent investment in 3Mundi, which has been a licensee partner of FCM since 2015. On 30 June 2019, FLT acquired the remaining 75 per cent of 3Mundi’s business. Executive General Manager – Flight Centre Travel Group Corporate Division, James Kavanagh, said the acquisition has further underlined FCM’s position as one of the world’s largest corporate travel management businesses. “The acquisition will unlock further benefits both for Australian customers as well as FCM’s multi-national clients. France and Switzerland are important corporate travel hubs – in fact France is now the sixth largest corporate travel market in the world.“We now have a stronger corporate network and an even more powerful proposition for French and Swiss customers, and for global customers who travel to and transact in these key markets.” In addition to the UK & Ireland, FCM’s equity-owned footprint in Europe now extends to Germany, France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark. Globally, Flight Centre Travel Group’s corporate businesses have continued to perform strongly and together generated AUS$ 4.2 billion in TTV during the six months to December 31, 2018, about 37 per cent of the group’s global TTV for the period. Besides FCM Travel Solutions, which has a presence in 97 countries worldwide, FCTG’s corporate brands are: Corporate Traveller, specialising in the SME sector; cievents – a globally recognised full service strategic meetings and event management agency; and Stage & Screen, specialist travel provider to clients in the television, film, music, performing arts, sports and creative industries. Agency NewsFCM SolutionsFlight Centre Travel Grouplast_img