Best of the Best Regatta on final leg this weekend in Nassau

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, December 4, 2017 – Nassau – Minister of Agriculture & Marine Resources, Renward R. Wells, held a press conference last week to update on The Bahamas’ second annual hosting of the Final Stretch of the “Best of the Best” Regatta, scheduled for December 7 thru 10, 2017 at Montagu Bay.   Minister Wells said that more than 50 boats are participating in the A, B and C classes and the Ministry has done its part to ensure the level of participation lives up to the name “Best of the Best.”He added that boat owners and captains will continue to inform the Ministry of what is needed to prepare for what may well be the most competitive weekend of sloop sailing in the history of The Bahamas — anticipating the weekend will be a ‘clash of the champions,’ this Thursday.“Speaking of champions, I am pleased that we will also be hosting the year-end race event for the Star Sailor’s League.  Sailors from around the world have begun arriving and training in Montagu Harbour for what, too, will be a very competitive race,” said Minister Wells.“As a fellow Olympian and a proud Bahamian, I am particularly pleased that we will be hosting a number of Olympic gold medalists and world champions in this race.   I thank Mr. Robert Dunkley and the Nassau Yacht Club team for their work in staging the races along with the Star Sailor’s League.   I am particularly delighted to announce that our own Olympic Gold medal winner, The Sea Wolf, Sir Durward Knowles, will be out to view the races.”#MagneticMediaNews#BestoftheBestRegattaPhoto credit: Life on The Hook Related Items:#BestoftheBestRegatta, #magneticmedianewslast_img read more

Read More →

Chula Vista begins licensing process for cannabis businesses

first_img Sasha Foo February 26, 2019 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsCHULA VISTA (KUSI) – The second largest city in San Diego County is gearing up for the start of a new industry.Chula Vista is processing the license applications for people who want a piece of the multi-million dollars cannabis industry.Deputy City Manager Kelley Bacon said the city received 136 applications for licenses before the January 18 deadline. The majority of applications were for storefront dispensaries, but the city is also issuing licenses for delivery services, growers, distributors, manufacturers and testing labs.All of the applicants will have to submit a business plan, an operations plan and other detailed information to the city.After a first review, the applications will be evaluated by HDL, an independent company that looks at each application and ranks them. That list is turned over to the city, and the review enters a second phase, involving the Chula Vista Police Department and an extensive background check.The City will only allow three retail operations in each of the four City Council districts. The number covers both storefront and delivery services. Chula Vista has capped the total number of retailers at 12 and no more than two of the three retail businesses can be storefronts.It could be six to nine months before the first cannabis licenses are issued.Even as Chula Vista gets ready for the start of the legal cannabis industry, the city is continuing to take aim at the cannabis black market. Earlier this week, the Police Department in partnership with the City Attorney’s Office and the Code Enforcement Department said it shut down an illegal cannabis dispensary at 589 Vance Street, doing business in a residential neighborhood, not far from an elementary school.Up until now, the city only used the civil courts to close the illegal dispensaries. However, next month, a new attorney will join the the City Attorney’s Office to launch criminal prosecutions against the illegal shops, which could lead to the seizure of assets and jail time.Once the licenses are issued, Deputy City Manager Kelley Bacon estimated the tax revenue from the city’s new cannabis industry could generate six million dollars annually. Sasha Foo, Posted: February 26, 2019 Chula Vista begins licensing process for cannabis businesses Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Read More →

Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 This is what Karan Singh Grover says about

first_imgKaran Singh Grover, Ronit RoyTwitterKasautii Zindagii Kay 2 has brought a new set of twists and turns with the dramatic entry of Mr. Bajaj played by Karan Singh Grover, who has made everyone drool over his hot salt and pepper look. However, Karan is aware of the comparisons that will be drawn between his portayal of the iconic character to that of Ronit Roy who originally played the role of Mr. Bajaj in the show which continued to air on television from 2001 to 2008.”No one in our industry can play Rishabh Bajaj the way Ronit Roy played it and I do not even dare to touch that. That is a different level of iconic performance, holds a value and no one can match up to that. It would be stupid of me to copy it or anything like that. However, I know there is a fan base of Mr. Bajaj’s character as well as my fans. So, the comparison is inevitable,” Karan Singh Grover told IANS.There’s no doubt that Karan has made a stunning comeback on television after six years and is quite happy with the way the entertainment business has evolved.”My show ‘Dill Mill Gaye’ was about youngsters, there were no derogatory projection of women or girls. I believe women are powerful and they should be projected in that way. Earlier not just on-screen, but in real life too, men had a tendency to control women and that stereotyping was happening in their roles in daily life as well as on-screen.”Thank God the world is a place where much-evolved people are living, as they have understood the reality that women are much superior beings,” Karan said.(With IANS Inputs)last_img read more

Read More →

UCO Bank shares zoom 15 after Rs 3074 crore equity infusion from

first_imgUCO bank shares surged on Tuesday after the public sector lender received an equity infusion of Rs 3,074 crore from the government.The capital infusion was part of the government’s Rs 10,882 crore package for four public sector banks, such as UCO Bank, and Syndicate Bank, Bank of Maharashtra and Central Bank of India.UCO bank announced the centre’s equity infusion, by way of preferential allotment, in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange.”In term of Regulation 30 of the SEBI (LODR) Regulation 2015, the exchanges are hereby informed that Govt of India vide letter No. F.No.7/38/2014-BOA dated 26.12.2018 has conveyed its decision to invest Rs. 3,074 Crores in the equity of the Bank by way of preferential allotment and Bank hos received the amount on 31.12.2018 (i.e. Today),” the bank said in a statement on Monday.While Bank of Maharashtra received Rs 4,498 crore, Syndicate Bank got 1,632 crore and Central Bank of India Rs 1,678 crore. The government’s equity infusion is intended to help PSBs steer clear of RBI’s punitive restrictions, and thereby ease liquidity in the credit markets.The government has announced a Rs 65,000 crore package for recapitalising public sector banks in the country during 2018-19. As much as Rs 23,000 crore has been disbursed so far.PCA frameworkThe government’s equity infusion in the public sector banks is part of the measures to help more PSBs emerge from the Reserve Bank of India’s Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework. The PCA framework, which lays down stricter norms for banks, has been a bone of contention between the government and the RBI.The government has been looking at getting the RBI to remove some banks from the PCA programme. Eleven state-run banks have been pooled into this list by the RBI, a move that has curbed these banks’ lending capacity. Close The shares rose more than 15 percent to 23.40 intraday on Tuesday.The Kolkata-based bank was in doldrums in the early part of 2018. In April, its shares nosedived after the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) charged former chairman Arun Kaul for alleged cheating.center_img BIGGEST BANK FRAUDS IN 2018last_img read more

Read More →

PM fears arson attacks in coming days

first_imgPrime Minister Sheikh Hasina. File PhotoPrime minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday urged the people of the country to take steps against the culprits who may carry out arson attacks on people to kill them alive in the coming days.”Whoever carries such attacks, I urge people to take steps against them at once and we’ll do whatever is needed in this regard,” she said.The prime minister said this while inaugurating the world’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute, ‘Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute’, in the capital’s Chankharpul area.The health ministry has named the institute after prime minister Sheikh Hasina in recognition of her devotion to development of burn and plastic surgery healthcare system which is expected to open a new horizon in treatment of burns as it will provide the best treatment facilities to patients.Recalling the horrible days of 2013, 2014 and 2015 when BNP-Jamaat clique established a reign of terror through hurling Molotov bombs, arson attacks and setting fire on public and private establishments, Hasina questioned what type of political movement was that.”I can’t understand that…I don’t want such incidents to take place in Bangladesh again,” she said.She said the people of the country resisted those heinous attacks of BNP-Jamaat nexus where hundreds of people lost their lives and several thousands more got injured.”Our law enforcement agencies, intelligence agencies in cooperation with all had been able to contain such terrorist and militant attacks… I request people to resist the culprits in the future, too,” Hasina said.The prime minister said the government wants a peaceful situation in the country to ensure development of the country.Defying all obstacles, she said, the government has been able to take the country forward and place in developing country status. “Bangladesh is now a role model of development in the world, this country is the example to many countries for its quicker development.”Stating that the only aim of the government is to materialise the dream of Father of the Nation Bangbandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to make the country a hunger- and poverty-free one, Hasina thanked people as they voted Awami League to power casting their votes in favour of ‘Boat’.”If they give us the chance to serve them again, then we’ll surely complete our development projects now being implemented,” she said.Hasina said the government will make the country hunger- and poverty-free by 2020 and celebrate the 50th anniversary of independence.Dhaka south city mayor Sayeed Khokan, chaired by health and family welfare minister Mohammad Nasim, state minister for health and family welfare ministry Zahid Maleque, army chief general Aziz Ahmed, chief coordinator of the institute Samanta Lal Sen and engineering chief of Bangladesh Army major general M Siddiqur Rahman Sarker also spoke.Health secretary Md Serajul Huq Khan delivered the welcome speech.The Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute will help treat more burn patients and make more plastic surgeons to meet the country’s requirements.The 12-storey institute located next to the Mayor Mohammad Hanif Flyover will provide advanced treatment to burn patients while physicians and nurses will also get trainings to enhance their professional excellence.With most modern equipment and technology, the institute would be a centre of excellence for treatment, research and studies.The institute with 500 beds, 50 intensive care units and 12 operation theatres will be the largest burn and plastic surgery institute in the world.On 6 April 2016, prime minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the construction work by laying the foundation stone of the institute.The burn and plastic surgery institute was constructed at a cost of Tk 5.22 billion as part of the present government’s plan to provide modern treatment facilities to the patients of burn injuries, create expert medical professionals and conduct research.There are three blocks in the institute. Of those, one block will be the burn unit, one plastic surgery unit and another academic wing. Construction of the main building began on 27 April 2016.last_img read more

Read More →