Pension funds should appoint data protection officers: regulator

first_imgPension funds should appoint a dedicated officer for the protection of personal data, according to the chair of the Netherlands’ Personal Data Authority (AP).At a conference hosted by IPE’s Dutch sister publication Pensioen Pro last week, Aleid Wolfsen spoke about the introduction of local data protection rules for the Netherlands, in the wake of EU-wide legislation for privacy protection that is to come into force as of next May, known as GDPR.He suggested that the task could also be carried out by a board member of the pension fund, rather than a new member of staff. In his opinion, such an officer could also serve several pension funds.The Dutch regulation requires government organisations, as well as organisations that process sensitive data on a large scale, to appoint somebody to hold responsibility for this data and the implementation of the new rules. Wolfsen said that organisations that did not appoint such an official must explain their decision to enable the AP to check whether they have made the correct assessment.Based on a conversation with the Pensions Federation, Wolfsen said he expected that the pensions sector in general was properly preparing for the data protection regulation.According to the chairman, 10% of all data leaks reported to the AP during the first six months of 2017 came from the pensions sector.However, he immediately put the issue into perspective by explaining that the breaches predominantly were about wrongly delivered mail, which officially counts as a data leak.Wolfsen’s comments contrasted with the findings of a survey by an audit, tax and advisory firm, which reported in August that UK trustees were “unprepared” for the new European-level rules on data protection.Eddie Hodgart, risk and assurance director at Crowe Clark Whitehill, said at the time that many trustees felt “out of their depth with non-traditional risks such as cybersecurity”. “More work is needed to educate pension trustees on managing non-traditional risks which impact pension schemes,” he added.last_img read more

Read More →

Serie A clubs on strike against protocol

first_imgAt least nine Serie A clubs – including Inter, Milan and Napoli – are refusing to go into a lengthy training retreat from Monday until the medical protocol is changed. Loading… Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?Best Car Manufacturers In The World The genuine fear is that if they start training and one person tests positive, the whole season could be cancelled again. According to multiple sources, at least nine Serie A sides – Inter, Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina, Cagliari, Verona, Atalanta, Sampdoria and Genoa – are refusing to go into the training retreat from Monday. They want a change to the medical protocol before they will begin the lockdown approach. The other concern is that the Government is giving itself the option to scrap the campaign or move the date of Serie A fixtures from the provisional June 13.center_img Multiple reports including Sky Sport Italia, La Repubblica and more, all claim this evening that Serie A teams, the Players’ Association and Agents’ Association are rebelling against the protocol that was agreed between the FIGC and the Government this week. Their issues are with the automatic 15-day quarantine for the whole group if just one player or member of staff contracts COVID-19. They want to follow the Bundesliga model, which would only isolate the person who is positive, then blanket test all the others to ensure it has not spread. Group training is due to begin on Monday, which means the only genuine way to ensure no positive tests is to lock players and staff into a non-stop training retreat until the end of the season. Not only is this asking a great deal of them, but in the case of some clubs, it is impossible to do. Inter director Beppe Marotta complained to La Repubblica this evening that the protocol is “impracticable and senseless,” as their ground only has 27 rooms. “I don’t wish to cause controversy, but with the rules as they stand, we are simply not able to stage a training retreat. We ask that they are changed, or we have no other alternative.” Read Also: Messi reveals his top five best players in world football The FIGC is now under pressure to change the medical protocol that it had agreed to only a couple of days ago. Club medics complain they were not even consulted when the protocol was signed off with the Government and its technical committee (CTS). FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Read More →

UCL: RB Leipzig pink slender win against Spurs

first_imgRelatedPosts Fulham keen on Lookman loan deal EPL: Son fires four past Southampton Tottenham sign £25m Sergio Reguilon Timo Werner’s penalty left Tottenham needing to produce another Champions League turnaround as RB Leipzig took charge of their last-16 meeting. The striker’s 58th minute spot-kick proved the only goal of the game, earning the Bundesliga outfit a 1-0 win to take back to Germany for the second leg in three weeks’ time, though in truth Jose Mourinho may be relieved that his side are not facing more of a deficit. The visitors were almost ahead inside two minutes when wing-back Angelino, on loan from Manchester City, rattled onto the post via the knee of Hugo Lloris, while Steven Bergwijn had what would prove a rare glimpse of goal at the other end, denied by a smart stop from Peter Gulacsi. Patrick Schick headed just wide from a corner before Werner wasted the best chance of the first-half, toe-poking straight at Lloris after taking too long to get the ball out of his feet when in on goal. Gulacsi was called into action again at the start of the second half, getting down well to push clear after Lucas had deflected Serge Aurier’s cross towards goal, but shortly before the hour mark, it was the hosts that found the breakthrough they deserved. Ben Davies was the guilty party, sucked in as Konrad Laimer cushioned the ball past him leaving referee Cuneyt Cakir no choice but to point to the spot, and Werner stepped up to arrow home. It should have been two moments later when Werner’s wonderful dummy gave Schick a glorious opening but the Czech international sidefooted too close to Lloris. Mourinho’s response was to switch to a back three, sending on Tanguy Ndombele and Erik Lamela and pushing Bergwijn up alongside Lucas, and the change of shape prompted some improvement. And had it not been for the excellent Gulacsi they would have had a leveller, the former Liverpool stopper springing to his right to tip Giovanni Lo Celso’s free-kick onto the post.Tags: AngelinoHugo LlorisJose MourinhoRB LeipzigSteven BergwijnUEFA Champions Leaguelast_img read more

Read More →

Men’s volleyball takes two of three in its first tournament of the season

first_imgThe Trojans traveled to Honolulu over the weekend, kicking off their 50th season with two victories and one loss at the Hawaiian Airlines Rainbow Warrior Classic. The tournament began on Thursday with a 3-0 victory over the Concordia University Eagles. Redshirt senior captain Jack Wyett and senior captain Gianluca Grasso led the offense with 15 and 10 kills, respectively. Senior outside hitter Ryan Moss and redshirt sophomore setter Matt Faraimo contributed eight and seven kills, respectively. “When you’re in an environment like that with thousands of people, you can get the jitters a little bit, and that was our first real test of the year,” Douglas said. “They were really good. I don’t think we were able to match their level of execution, but it was the first tournament of the season, and we have a long way to go.” Senior outside hitter Gianluca Grasso led the team with 10 kills and two aces against Hawaii on Saturday. (Ling Luo/Daily Trojan) Despite the loss, Douglas said he thought the team did well facing a hostile crowd. The Trojans are now 2-1 for the season. They will travel to Lebanon, Tenn., this weekend to compete in the Off The Block Grow the Game Challenge. On Friday, they take on Lincoln Memorial at 5 p.m. PST.  On Saturday, they will face Barton at 2:30 p.m. PST. On Sunday, they play Lindenwood at 2:30 p.m. PST. All games will be available to stream on the Cumberland Sports Network. “I thought we did a good job sticking together in a foreign environment with not many fans rooting for us,” he said. “We had to really galvanize, make sure we were there for each other and be engaged the whole time.” The momentum continued on Friday as the Trojans defeated the New Jersey Institute Highlanders 3-1 in a 25-17, 24-26, 25-23, 25-15 match. Moss led the offense with 15 kills and contributed significantly on defense with eight digs and four blocks. Sophomore setter Chris Hall and sophomore libero Cole Paxson each had nine digs of their own.center_img Despite wins on Thursday and Friday, USC fell to No. 4 Hawaii on Saturday in a 12-25, 23-25, 16-25 match. Junior opposite Rado Parapunov and senior outside hitter/opposite Stijn Van Tilburg led the Warriors with 16 and 15 kills, respectively. Beyond that, the Trojans spent a lot of time in the week leading up to the tournament scouting their opponents and preparing accordingly. When it came time to execute, coaches emphasized that the team’s effort would pay off. “We worked extremely hard all off-season and all preseason, so they let us know that we were ready to go, we deserved to be out there and to give it all we have,” Douglas said. Grasso led the Trojan offense with 10 kills and two aces, while Douglas led the defense with 11 digs. USC put up a strong fight throughout the match and managed to pick up a 10-9 lead in the second set. The Warriors pulled ahead again before the Trojans narrowed the margin back to 23-22, but ultimately let it slip to a 25-23 set. The Trojans maintained strong leads in each of the three sets against the Eagles with scores of 25-14, 25-18, 25-14. USC will see Concordia again later in the season in Mountain Pacific Sports Federation conference play. Because it was the first tournament of the season, the Trojans focused on team building. Senior libero Matt Douglas said the weekend was an opportunity for upperclassmen to teach their younger teammates “how to conduct business on and off the court.” last_img read more

Read More →