LeoVegas back in Ireland following ‘Remote Operator’ approval

first_imgShare StumbleUpon Submit Gustaf HagmanStockholm Nasdaq-listed Leo Vegas Group (LeoVegas) has this morning updated its investors and stakeholders detailing that it has been approved a ‘Remote Operator License’ for sports betting by the Irish Revenue Commissioners the regulatory body for gambling in the Republic of Ireland.Having gained its licensing approval, LeoVegas marketing will now push for a relaunch of its betting services within the regulated Irish market, estimated to be worth circa £800 million in 2016 (H2 Gaming Capital).LeoVegas governance stated that it would increase it profile and launch its full range of services for the Irish betting market, as its seeks to become a leading brand within a competitive market place for consumers.With this market clearance LeoVegas now has gaming licenses in regulated markets of Malta, the UK, Denmark and Ireland.“LeoVegas continues to grow in regulated markets,” comments Gustaf Hagman, Group CEO and LeoVegas co-founder. “The fact that we have in a short time been granted licences in two regulated markets shows that we are delivering in accordance with our expansion strategy. But it also shows that we have high capacity and quality in our organisation and in the work, we do. I am convinced that our market-leading sport product will contribute to strong growth in Ireland.” Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 LeoVegas hits back at Swedish regulations despite Q2 successes August 13, 2020 Related Articles Share Kambi takes full control of LeoVegas sportsbook portfolio August 26, 2020last_img read more

Read More →

Bogut retires from NBA, signs with Sydney NBL team for 2 years

first_img‘Stop romanticizing Pinoy resilience’ Andrew Bogut. APSYDNEY — Former No. 1 draft pick Andrew Bogut has quit the NBA and plans to play the next two seasons for the Sydney Kings in Australia’s National Basketball League.The big Australian center told a Kings news conference Tuesday there are “no outs” in his deal if an NBA team should become interested.ADVERTISEMENT Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Bogut was selected by the Milwaukee Bucks as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft. He played seven years with the Bucks before a move to Golden State, where he won an NBA championship in 2015.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Jo Koy draws ire for cutting through Cebu City traffic with ‘wang-wang’ P16.5-M worth of aid provided for Taal Volcano eruption victims — NDRRMC Scientists seek rare species survivors amid Australia flames Green group flags ‘overkill’ use of plastic banderitas in Manila Sto. Niño feast MOST READ Truck driver killed in Davao del Sur road accident Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding The 33-year-old Bogut also said he’d like to play for Australia at next year’s World Cup and at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.He revealed last month that he wouldn’t be returning to the NBA this season in order to remain in Australia with his pregnant wife.After being waived by the Los Angeles Lakers in January, it was expected the free agent would join a contending team for a playoff push.But Bogut said at the time he’d stay in Australia and focus on returning in the 2018-19 season. He tweeted that his wife’s pregnancy with their second child has been deemed “high-risk” and she’s not allowed to travel.Bogut played 24 games for the Lakers after signing last September, averaging 1.5 points and 3.3 rebounds while starting five games. He was acquired by Cleveland in the second half of last season, but he fractured his left leg less than a minute into his debut with the Cavaliers.ADVERTISEMENT A 13-year NBA veteran and championship winner, Bogut said he had always intended to return to Australia and it was only a question of when.“Before anyone asks, no NBA outs, no European outs,” Bogut said. “I’m committed to being here for two years … it will retire me from the NBA, I’m happy to say that today.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownBogut signed with the Kings, who finished next-to-last in the eight-team league last season, despite interest from his hometown Melbourne United. He said his contract included a 10 percent stake in the Kings when he retires, and an option to buy a bigger interest in the club.“I want some skin in the game, I want to see how viable this is and see where it’s going,” he said. “If it goes as well as I think it will there is no reason why I won’t put my own money in as well.” Stephen Curry signs broad production deal with Sony Pictures Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES View commentslast_img read more

Read More →

Double boost for Stoke! Key duo put pen to paper on new deals

first_imgStoke City pair Glenn Whelan and Peter Crouch have signed new contracts with the club.Midfielder Whelan and striker Crouch have both committed their futures to the Potters until the summer of 2017.Manager Mark Hughes said: “We’ve been talking to both players for a while and it’s pleasing that both want to stay and be a part of what we are striving to achieve at the club.“They are both fantastic professionals who had contributed a great deal to Stoke City long before I joined the club and have continued to do so. I’m delighted they are staying with us for at least another couple of years.”Whelan arrived Britannia Stadium from Sheffield Wednesday in 2008 and played a vital part in helping the club win promotion to the Premier League.Crouch has been at the club since 2011, arriving from Tottenham for a club record fee of £10 million.Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes said: “Players like Glenn and Peter are very much the backbone of our squad and we’re delighted they have committed to spend at least another two years with the Club.“They have both proved to be fantastic signings for Stoke City. The experience they bring to bear on the side, both on and off the pitch, cannot be under-estimated and they still have so much to offer.” 1 Peter Crouch last_img read more

Read More →

GARDAI INVESTIGATING WEIGHING SYSTEMS AT DONEGAL FISH FACTORY

first_imgGardaí and the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (SFPA) are investigating weighing systems at a Donegal fish factory which has had its permit suspended on the eve of the herring season.KillybegsThe authority confirmed to The Irish Times that it had suspended the factory’s weigh permit, pending “the outcome of inquiries” involving its officials, the Garda and the National Standards Authority of Ireland.The authority said it was the first time that a permit for this particular premises had been temporarily withdrawn. The company, Sean Ward (Fish Exports) Ltd in Killybegs, has been one of the port’s largest processors and exporters of pelagic (herring/mackerel) fish and employs up to 80 staff at its peak.A spokesman said the company was “ co-operating fully with the SFPA” and it was also conducting an internal investigation and was “ hopeful of a speedy resolution of the matter”.The factor was founded in 1998 and lists a Marine Stewardship Council certification for sustainability.EU fishery regulations require all fishery products to be weighed immediately on landing.The State authority said that a derogation allows the weighing to take place after transport , typically at processing establishments, provided it is “satisfied with the accuracy and correct use of those weighing systems”. “As the matter is ongoing, no further comment can be made at this time,”the SFPA said.The Killybegs factory is the third Irish processor to be the subject of inquiries in the past two years.GARDAI INVESTIGATING WEIGHING SYSTEMS AT DONEGAL FISH FACTORY was last modified: September 24th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGardaiKillybegsweighing systemslast_img read more

Read More →