‘Special trips’ between NegOcc, Cebu allowed

first_imgLacson earlier expressed caution in accepting returning Negrenses from Cebu. “This will ensure that the provincial government can control the entry of persons into the province to prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19),” said Lacson. Lacson made the decision after meeting with the provincial Incident Management Team on Monday morning. “Three positives in one day should be a cause of alarm,” he said. Under his new directive, passengers coming from Cebu will be immediately brought to the provincial quarantine center in Cadiz City, where they will await the result of their real time-polymerase reaction tests before being allowed to return home./PN BACOLOD City – Special trips from Cebu carrying locally stranded individuals (LSIs) will now be allowed to enter Negros Occidental, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson announced yesterday. All positive cases involved returning locally stranded individuals (LSIs) from Cebu. On Sunday, Lacson requested for a temporary suspension of the return of Negrenses from Cebu, following a spike in the number of COVID-19 cases in the province. Meanwhile, Lacson also issued an executive order, extending the modified general community quarantine in the province until June 30. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA Special trips of roll-on, roll-off vessels will be through Tabuelan, Cebu and the port of Escalante City and will last until June 30.last_img read more

Read More →

Scudamore will accept £5m bonus from Premier League, sparking fury

first_img Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ no dice Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury The money will be paid over three years and will depend on the 59-year-old agreeing to a “comprehensive set of non-compete clauses” in terms of the roles he takes on in the future.It will also demand his availability as an adviser to his successor Susanna Dinnage. MONEY Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Richard Scudamore WILL accept his proposed £5m send off from the Premier League – sparking widespread criticism from supporters groups.The Premier League on Thursday agreed to pay their departing executive chairman the leaving gift in recognition of his “outstanding work” over the past two decades. Most Popular Football News Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy and West Ham co-owner David Gold were among those to speak publicly in support of the deal, which has been met less than favourably by fans’ groups.Spirit of Shankly, a Liverpool supporters’ group, said on its website: “The pay-off to Richard Scudamore is shameful.“However the Premier League and clubs try to dress up today’s decision, most supporters will look at it and think only one thing – greed.“The initial suggestion that clubs would each put in a quarter of a million pounds was rightly met with derision and anger. Whilst supporters have tribal loyalties, this issue united all in condemnation.“Those involved in today’s decision should spend some time on their journey home quietly reflecting on the damage done. They should hang their heads in shame.” Richard Scudamore has been an influential figure in overseeing the English top-flight’s expansion during his 20 years in charge Susanna Dinnage is joining the Premier League in 2019 REVEALED Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move huge blow center_img shining Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? REVEALED RANKED 2 2 BEST OF ADVICE REPLY Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars The Football Supporters’ Federation voiced its objection to each of the league’s 20 clubs contributing £250,000 to Scudamore’s ‘golden goodbye’ on Thursday, prior to the Premier League’s announcement, urging clubs not to back the “hugely unpopular” deal.In a statement, the Premier League said the pay-off deal was decided upon by its audit and remuneration committee and “supported and endorsed by the clubs”, whose bosses were in London on Thursday for a Premier League shareholders’ meeting. BREAKING: Here’s how the clubs are justifying defiantly refusing to bow to fierce public and media pressure and still paying Premier League supremo Richard Scudamore a £5million departure bonus. Big and controversial call. Won’t go down well with some… pic.twitter.com/6lYhR7Kmfp— Dan Roan (@danroan) November 15, 2018Scudamore earns a reported £900,000 salary plus bonus of £1.6 million and is believed to have earned £26m during his time with the organisation.The Premier League’s UK television rights were valued at about £670m when Scudamore joined in 1999, while the most recent deal was worth £5.14bn.In addition to his lucrative exit bonus, The Times report that the 59-year-old is set to receive a New Year honour in recognition for his work at the Premier League.last_img read more

Read More →