Engelbrecht Steps Down As USI Women’s Soccer Head Coach

first_imgWomen’s Soccer | 11/30/2015 6:00:00 PM | Ray Simmons, USI Athletic CommunicationsEngelbrecht steps down as USI Women’s Soccer Head CoachEVANSVILLE, Ind. – University of Southern Indiana Athletics announced the resignation of Women’s Soccer Head Coach Krissy Engelbrecht. Engelbrecht steps down after 13 seasons at the helm, posting a record of 94-119-19.“I have enjoyed my 13 years here and it’s been a great experience,” said Engelbrecht. “At this time it is best for my family, especially my children, and this program if I step away and let somebody else take over.”“USI is an amazing place and the USI Women’s Soccer team has an amazing future and I am excited to see what lies ahead of them,” continued Engelbrecht. “I think they can go on to win a conference championship in the immediate future and want nothing but the best for all of them. However, I truly feel it is best for them and my family for me to step down.”Assistant Coach Eric Schoenstein will serve as the interim-head coach while USI conducts a national search. “USI will begin the search immediately,” said USI Director of Athletics Jon Mark Hall. “We will work diligently to find the best person to lead the young women of this program.“The University greatly appreciates what Coach Engelbrecht has done during her tenure at USI,” continued Hall. “She is a first-class individual who has always represented the University well.”During the 13 seasons, Engelbrecht led the Screaming Eagles to five winning records and five trips to the Great Lakes Valley Conference Tournament. The 2010 season was Engelbrecht’s best with the Eagles posting a 12-6-1 overall mark and a fourth-place finish in the GLVC.The Eagles were 5-10-2 overall, 4-10-1 in the GLVC, during the 2015 campaign.FacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailSharelast_img read more

Read More →

Banten governor says 4 residents positive for COVID-19 after returning from Malaysia, Bali

first_imgThe neighboring Southeast Asian country has 149 confirmed COVID-19 cases to date, as reported by the John Hopkins University. The governor, however, did not elaborate on the details of the two people, including their age and gender, as well as their date of departure and return from the neighboring Southeast Asian country and Bali.Wahidin also did not mention whether the two were among the 34 confirmed COVID-19 cases reported by the central government in Indonesia so far.Prior to providing the updated information, the governor uploaded on Thursday a video on his Instagram account @wh_wahidinhalim and his official Facebook page, H. Wahidin Halim, in which he confirmed that at least two Banten residents who had recently traveled to Malaysia had tested positive for COVID-19. Wahidin further called for Banten residents not to panic and to avoid mass gatherings in public places. “Be cautious and avoid crowded places so we can prevent ourselves from getting infected by the coronavirus.”The confirmation from the Banten governor came amid criticism against the central government, which has continued with its opaque manner of providing information on confirmed coronavirus cases in Indonesia, including on the country’s first COVID-19 fatality, a 53-year-old foreign woman known as Case 25. It was later confirmed that Case 25 — reported by British media that she was from the United Kingdom — died in Bali, but local authorities said they were only informed after her death that she had tested positive for the disease.The government’s spokesperson for COVID-19, Achmad Yurianto, who is also the Health Ministry’s director general for disease control and prevention, has refused to disclose the location of each patient and their nationality if they were foreigners as he insisted that only the tracing team needed the information.When asked about the Banten governor’s announcement, Yurianto said on Thursday that he had never heard the information and instead questioned where Wahidin had obtained the data from.”We have never conveyed data [about the COVID-19 patients] to the governor. The data are submitted to the health agency for tracing purposes.” Yurianto said.However, he opened the possibility that the two patients to whom Wahidin referred might be among those treated in Jakarta, but were actually residents of Tangerang in Banten who commuted to the capital every day.”There is a possibility. However, we never give [the data] to [regional] administration’s authorities,” he said.Indonesia had recorded 34 confirmed cases of coronavirus as of Thursday, three of which have since recovered after receiving isolation treatment. Meanwhile, two patients admitted to the hospital for exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms died on Thursday.Topics :center_img Banten Governor Wahidin Halim has confirmed that four residents of the province who recently traveled to Malaysia and Indonesia’s resort island of Bali have tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19).”Three of them recently traveled to Malaysia and one of them has just returned from Bali,” Wahidin said on Thursday, citing information from the Baten Provincial Health Agency.He said the four patients were being treated in Sulianti Saroso Infectious Diseases Hospital (RSPI Sulianti Saroso) and Persahabatan General Hospital in Jakarta, kompas.com reported.last_img read more

Read More →