NBA trade rumors: Wizards not trading Bradley Beal, he says

first_img NBA awards 2019: Giannis Antetokounmpo emotional after winning MVP “They’ve been very transparent and that’s been great,” Beal said. “They’re not keeping me in the dark about anything, even about the trade rumors. … It’s great having that peace of mind.”Beal, who turns 26 Friday, has done everything the Wizards could ask of him, averaging 25.6 points, 5.5 assists and 5.0 rebounds last season. Off the court, his community work earned him the NBA Cares Community Assist Award at the league’s award show on Monday. Related News Wizards guard Bradley Beal heard his name surface in trade rumors earlier this year, but he says he’s not going anywhere.The two-time All-Star told the Washington Post team owner Ted Leonsis, interim GM Tommy Sheppard and coach Scott Brooks have all told him recently the team plans to keep him. Three takeaways from 2019 NBA awards show James Harden joins exclusive group with third MVP runner-up finish Sounds like the type of player a team would want to keep around long term. Beal, who has two years remaining on his contract, told the Post he would “definitely” be open to talking about an extension. And the Wizards are reportedly ready to offer him a three-year, $111 million extension, according to ESPN. “I have thought about it but I haven’t really full-out processed it,” Beal said. “I still have two years left. We just drafted Rui (Hachimura) and I want to see what we do in free agency before I make the ultimate decision. I haven’t even been offered it officially. Until that happens, I’ll wait and think about it. I’ll have an ample amount of time to process everything and make a decision when the time is right.”Beal also has this to consider: If he were to make an All-NBA team this coming season, he would be eligible for a five-year “supermax” contract extension next offseason that could reportedly be worth up to $247 million.last_img read more

Read More →

Atletico Madrid defender dismisses Manchester United transfer talk

first_imgAtletico Madrid defender Miranda has insisted he is unaware of interest from Manchester United and says he is happy in Spain.The 30-year-old has been continually linked with a move away from Atletico in the past six months, after starring in the club’s run to the Champions League final last season and their La Liga triumph.United are reportedly at the front of the queue for Miranda as Louis van Gaal looks to plug his leaky defence.However, the Brazilian has admitted that he is in the dark over talk of a move to Old Trafford and insisted he is happy in La Liga.“I know nothing about it,” Miranda told AS.“I just know that I want to finish my contract with Atletico. This is my club. I still have two years [on my contract] and I’m very happy there.” Miranda 1last_img read more

Read More →