Tangerang official confirms viral video of girl suspended 15m high on power cable

first_imgEmergency and logistics head Kosrudin at the Tangerang Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) confirmed the veracity of the video, saying that the incident occurred on Thursday afternoon.Nadin, bocah di Kecamatan Curug, Kota Tangerang pada hari Kamis (16/4/2020) sore bermain di pemasangan kabel sutet, dia bergantungan di kabel yg masih rendah. Ketika kabel ditarik petugas, dia terbawa hingga ketinggian 15 meter. Anak itu selamat. Ditangkap dg matras oleh warga. https://t.co/6z4cYSRowC— BNGPY (@BNGPY) April 17, 2020Kosrudin said that the girl was playing with friends near the EHV cables at the site of the installation project when she was inadvertently suspended in the air.“She did not know that the cables were being [installed]. She hang on to the cable when it was still low,” Kosrudin said as reported by kompas.com on Friday.Unaware that the girl was hanging on to the cable, the workers continued to lift the cable into position. The girl reportedly hung on as the cable was pulled up higher and higher, as she was afraid to let go. Local officials have confirmed the veracity of a viral video that shows a girl suspended on an electricity cable 15 meters above the ground in Curug district of Tangerang regency, Banten.The video had been reposted multiple times on social media by Friday.The girl, reportedly a 9-year-old resident of Curug, is seen in the video screaming for help while clinging to an extra high voltage (EHV) power cable that was being installed at the time of the incident. “Help, I can’t hold on anymore. I want to get down,” the girl is heard crying out in the 1-minute, six-second video clip.The incident sparked a flurry of activity among local residents, who scrambled to get a bed mattress in place beneath the girl to catch her as she fell.Kosrudin said that the girl had survived the fall with only light injuries, and had been taken immediately to a local hospital.Rizki Aftarianto, of the Tangerang branch of state-owned electricity firm PLN, apologized for the incident and said he would increase supervision at project sites.He also urged members of the public, especially young children, not to play in or around project sites, kompas.com reported. (mfp)Topics :last_img read more

Read More →

‘Record demand’ for index-linked Gilts stems from pension duration gap

first_img“However, with circa £400bn of index-linked Gilts in issue versus around £1trn of inflation-linked pension liabilities, the supply and demand imbalance is unlikely to be eased any time soon.”The issuance, which matures in 2058, will grant many institutions the ability to address both duration and maturity gaps in their existing hedging portfolios, according to Barron.“In addition, the significant supply at the syndication has highlighted hedging opportunities for pensions schemes that have flexible LDI mandates in place to take advantage of the current attractive pricing for hedging inflation risk separately to interest rate risk,” she said.“The cost of hedging long-dated inflation risk using either inflation swaps or index-linked Gilts with their interest rate sensitivity removed is at the most attractive level in over a year.”The comparatively low volume of index-linked Gilts, when viewed against pension liabilities, has caused the UK National Association of Pension Funds to warn that it was “creating risks” for pension funds.“There has been increasing frustration from schemes that, to reduce their interest rate and inflation risks, they are effectively ‘forced’ buyers of Gilts with low or negative real yields,” the association said in June. A UK Gilt issuance that attracted £14.5bn (€18.3bn) in offers is proof that pension investors are keen to address their duration mismatches in their hedging profiles, despite falling bond yields.Following the syndication of £5bn in 45-year index-linked Gilts, AXA Investment Managers (AXA IM) said interest, which stood at £14.5bn, proved there was still significant demand for such issuances, despite a negative yield of 5.3 basis points a year.Lucy Barron, senior solutions manager at AXA IM, said the demand clearly stemmed from domestic pension providers wishing to manage liability risk.“Index-linked Gilts continue to be seen as the best match to inflation-linked liabilities,” she said.last_img read more

Read More →

We will rise to occasion – O’Neill

first_img They have their own business to attend to, notably kicking off a campaign with three straight wins for the first time in their history. And O’Neill has seen enough in recent experiences to be sure they will not be sidetracked by events in the stands. “When you come away from home you expect it and I think we’ll rise to it, not be intimidated by it,” he said. “It’s not at all a concern for us, I actually prefer it that way. “The first game against Romania behind closed doors was difficult for Greece but I think our players would have found that scenario difficult too. “I think our side enjoyed the great atmosphere at Windsor Park when we beat the Faroe Islands on Saturday night and there was a great atmosphere when we beat Hungary in Budapest. “We’ve seen this group of players in front of 60,000 people in Uruguay too, so I don’t have any fears about that.” O’Neill was not keen to be drawn on his squad’s status as potential record breakers and would be more than happy to add another point to the six that have taken them to top spot in Group F. The home contingent are expected to provide a hostile welcome on Tuesday night having been banned from Greece’s Euro 2016 opener against Romania due to previous disturbances. Defeat in that match, followed by a draw in Finland, means there is plenty riding on the result for Claudio Ranieri’s outfit but O’Neill is convinced Northern Ireland will not be cowed by the occasion. Northern Ireland manager Michael O’Neill insists the Greek fans hold no fear for his side as they go in search of an historic victory in Athens. Press Association Curbing any excess exuberance is more his style but he could not deny being buoyed by the confidence that has entered the group. ”Our aim hasn’t changed just because we’ve had a good start and Greece have had a poor start, our objective is to try and finish in those top three positions,” he said. ”When we looked at the fixtures when they came out and our best chances of getting points this wouldn’t have been a game we would have looked at. ‘We’ve never said we think we can win the group or anything like that, but the belief is in this squad that they are more than capable of competing. “The start we’ve had has given us the belief that we can come here and add to our points tally.” O’Neill let his measured demeanour slip just once as he pondered stretching the 100 per cent record into a third game and joked: ”I think would expect some sort of plaque or statue for that if I’m honest.” Gareth McAuley, who would win his 50th cap, is the only serious injury doubt having collided with the post against the Faroe Islands, while Shane Ferguson and Niall McGinn could drop to the bench in favour of more defensive options. last_img read more

Read More →

Syracuse basketball recruiting: Class of 2016 target big man Cheickna Dembele reportedly picks UNLV

first_img Related Stories Graphical breakdown of Syracuse basketball’s scholarship situation Syracuse target Cheickna Dembele, a Class of 2016 center, committed to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas on Saturday morning, per multiple reports.Syracuse’s only remaining open offer for the Class of 2016 is to Brewster (New Hampshire) Academy big man Taurean Thompson.On April 26, Syracuse reportedly made the cut for Dembele’s top 10 schools. On April 27, he reportedly visited UNLV.Three days after the visit, the Scotland Performance (Pennsylvania) Institute product decided to return to Las Vegas longterm. He also held offers from Missouri, Iowa State, Temple, Pittsburgh, Saint Joseph’s, Maryland, Michigan State and Baylor, amongst others.The 6-foot-11, roughly 235-pound Dembele is unranked by ESPN and Scout.com, but has a three-star rating from 247Sports.com’s composite rankings and Rivals.com.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textHere is an updated look at Syracuse’s scholarship situation.The Orange frontcourt next season will, as of now, consist of two seniors (Tyler Roberson and Dajuan Coleman), two sophomores (Tyler Lydon and redshirt Paschal Chukwu) and one freshman (Matthew Moyer).The offer stands to Thompson, ESPN.com’s 75th ranked in this class, who is expected to visit SU this weekend. He also holds offer from Kansas, Connecticut, Xavier, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, North Carolina State and Arizona.Here is part of Dembele’s story and some highlights: Facebook Twitter Google+ Comments Published on April 30, 2016 at 12:26 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @Sam4TRlast_img read more

Read More →